Atualizado: 21 de Jan de 2020
Neste post você encontra frases e informações úteis do nosso workshop "English for Job Interviews".
TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF
Why do they ask that question?
1. They want to see how you react to a question asked casually
2. They want to get a feel for what you deem to be “important”
Soft Skills + examples
I’m a very creative person. Everyone says so. I love being creative! I’m probably the most creative person in my family.
I’m creative. When we had problems tracking orders in my current job, I designed a new spreadsheet to help us see exactly when orders were placed and processed.
Keep it short. 90 seconds at most.
Translate from Portuguese (simplify your sentences)
Mention personal information (marital status, children, political or religious affiliations, etc.)
Summarize your resume word for word
Tell your life story
Suggestion of script:
1. Who you are (professionally);
2. Expertise highlights (with examples);
3. Why you’re here.
Simple answer (with simple sentences):
(1) I’m an Education Director and I have worked in education for 15 years. I started out as a teacher, was promoted to Pedagogical Coordinator, and a few years ago I became an Education Director. I have many certificates in the education and business admin areas. I also attend education congresses every semester and I like to maintain a strong network with people in this area.
(2) I’m organized and dependable. I plan my semester, months and weeks and share that with my coworkers. They always know what I’m doing. But I know how to improvise and work well under pressure too – I always set some time apart to deal with unexpected situations.
(3) I believe this experience and training has prepared me to take the next step and pursue a managing position with ABC School.
We use it to talk about experiences
HAVE + Past Participle
Since & For
Started in the past and continues
I've... / Yes, I have. / No, I haven't.
I worked for Blue Pine (in 2015).
I have worked for Blue Pine (since 2015).
I have never cheated on an exam.
I have never fallen asleep in a meeting.
I have never lied about myself in an interview.
Where have you worked before?
Have you ever done any voluntary work?
Have you studied other languages?
SWOT of you
DISCUSSING FUTURE PLANS
I expect to (become a manager in a few years)
I hope to (work beyond your expectation)
I intend to (prepare for my MBA next year)
I plan to (to be on a career path that will lead to a supervisory position)
I want to (be an automotive industry expert in the future)
I'd like to (be a very successful leader one day)
Practice, record yourself, network with others.